Wednesday, June 8, 2011

DAY 47: THE POOR UNCLE

#np SDC ft MI - DREAMER

So I am here thinking 'bout the future. What would be/where I would be/how different things would be. I suppose don be one rich ass bastard with one very hot wife and trust fund kids abi, but then again things might not always go the way you want.

So comes the thoughts of the poor uncle, in the words of @TecknicoleurGrl ," I don't want to be the poor uncle!"

But wait who is the Poor uncle?
That guy that comes to your house for the weekend without buying you and your siblings anything not even biscuits and expects to leave your house on Sunday evening or Monday morning with your dad's old clothes (thats still chilling) and collect some change from him.

That uncle that before he comes the next time, your mom and dad have warned you never to let him in or to tell him they are around.

Most times this kind of scenario plays out:

*Gate Opens* CLANG
Dad peeps from window, and rushes downstairs to the kids watching T.V

DAD: (whispering) Uncle Jimoh is around, tell him me and your mommy have traveled.

The Kids instantly understand and are on cue because their uncle Jimoh is not someone they look forward to seeing; he never brings anything.

*knock on Door* Ko…Ko…Ko…

KIDS: Good Afternoon.

UNCLE JIMOH: Hey! A wa you? Open the door.


KIDS: Daddy and mommy have traveled o.

UNCLE JIMOH: Ehen, Open the door….I will wait.

KIDS: Ha. They took the key o.

Perplexed, Ucle Jimoh tries to play I am your favorite uncle scam.

UNCLE JIMOH: I know they said you shouldn't open to strangers but it's me your uncle, I would buy biscuits for you.

KIDS: Uncle, call them.

*Curtains Closes*

If I hear say them open that door….he would call the parents but they won't pick….lol

See! I cannot be the poor uncle mehn. I want to be that rich go-to uncle that my nephs/nieces want to spend holidays with. That confam person sha.

So right now, I am doing my best to pick up my baggage/talents so I can get my wish. Folks, you gotta go to school and read mehn…make them distinctions….it's not all about making the parents happy, it's about making yourself happy. And then again find that one thing you are good and I mean you're are ffing good at and find out how you can get paid to keep doing it….lotsa examples/inspirational stories to pick from: D'banj, Leke Alder, Fela Durotoye, Johnny Cupcakes, Toju Foyeh e.t.c

LAST WORDS
Put God first!

In the words of a world famous punked style former dean:"you cannot feature in a future you have not pictured" so Dream but do not sleep.

Hard work and persistence is the key to success.


P.S My friends and I would WIN! Why? Because we have faith, courage and enthusiasm.

Special dedicasong(song of the day)  SDC - DREAMER

And Yo! Do pray for us.

5 comments:

  1. thank Dwk for visiting,do visit again

    ReplyDelete
  2. again, i love the style, its like we are jisting 1 on 1! i totally relate 2 it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I finally got around to read this, Nice stuff... and I would pray for you aii?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice 1... May GOD help us all to b Rich uncles or aunties... Nice 1 bro..

    ReplyDelete